Contractors General Liability Insurance

Posted by on April 29, 2016 in Feature Stories, Insurance, Insurance News, Uncategorized, Updates | Comments Off on Contractors General Liability Insurance

Contractors General Liability Insurance

Contractors General Liability Insurance

General Liability Insurance

General liability insurance (GL) is coverage that can protect you from a variety of claims including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and others that can arise from your business operations.

General liability insurance is often combined with property insurance in a Business Owners Policy (BOP), but general liability insurance also is available to many contractors as standalone coverage through the Commercial General Liability Coverage  Insurance.

Contractors General Liability Insurance

Who Needs General Liability Insurance?

As a contractor or small business owner, you need some form of general liability insurance to safeguard your livelihood.

A single accident could result in a lawsuit that you might not be able to handle. A great way to protect against this type of situation is to make sure you carry enough general liability insurance.

Some employers might also require you to carry a certain amount of general liability insurance before you can work for them.

Contractors General Liability Insurance

General Liability Insurance for Contractors

If you’re a contractor, we understand you might only need general liability insurance – not a BOP. For example, you might not own any commercial buildings that require property insurance, or need to cover payroll or other operating expenses. However, you’re still exposed to liability risks in your job.

You might be eligible to get general liability insurance, without the extra coverages in a BOP.

We can now offer coverage for all of the following Risks


  • Apartments
  • Artisan Contractors   Drywall  Plumbing Heating Cooling Painting Pressure Washing
  • Assisted Living Facilities
  • Auto Physical Damage
  • Aviation
  • Beauty and Barber Shops
  • Boats/Marinas
  • Cargo
  • D&O  Non Profit
  • Day Care Centers
  • E & O
  • Lessors Risk
  • EPLI
  • Flood Insurance
  • Habitational Properties
  • Home Health Care
  • Home Inspectors
  • Homeowners Insurance
  • Inland Marine
  • Liquor Liability
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Monoline Wind Coverage Insurance
  • Personal Umbrella Insurance
  • Commercial Umbrella Insurance
  • Restaurants Bars Taverns
  • Roofers  Residential
  • Roofers Commercial
  • Special Events Insurance
  • Vacant Dwellings Vacant Homes
  • Vacant Commercial Buildings
  • Vacant Commercial Leased Spaces


Call Mike Watts at Dick Watts Insurance today for a Free Insurance Quote for Contractors Liability Insurance and Commercial Auto Insurance 502-245-3625